Dissertation time! I have to say I've enjoyed writing it and researching it. I've written mine on Ludology. However it has been very time consuming and I really need more time for Form Wars.
The Dissertation research has been a great help with thinking about "Form Wars" as a game, I've learnt a lot about game balance, imperfect balance and other stuff I need to consider to keep the game interesting. We have enough talent to keep it looking pretty but that doesn't make it a game game!
I've had to re-rig the jester model, unfortunately Elaine's rig has a lot of problems. I spent 3 hours picking it apart only to find the knot I was trying to unravel was really a labyrinth. The problem was a lot of controls were parent constraint to each other when regular parenting would have done. I hope Elaine won't be disheartened by me taking over this rig, it was a simple mistake to make and we are all here to learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment